Every month the committee awards the ‘Competitor of the Month’ award to someone who has achieved something great in their motor sport. It doesn’t have to be first place, sometimes overcoming adversity (or is that reliability?) is enough. We’ll send you a voucher for £20 too. Tell us what you’ve been up to each month by email.
- October Competitor Of The Month
October saw two club members awarded COTM. Long term club member Richard Corney took his Nissan Sunny to 2nd in class at the Kempton Park Autosolo and Chris Surman followed in the tracks of the likes of Ogier & Tanak on the Wales Rally GB National rally and brought his Subaru home to an excellent finish on the challenging event.
- Competitor Of The Month – Summer 2019
SCMC competitors have been busy over the summer competing on various events across the country.
July saw Mark Straker take his Darrian T90 GT ‘R5’ to mid Wales for the Harry Flatters rally over Epynt, coming away with 3rd o/all, a great result against some WRC machinery.
Piers Thynne used his Radical SR8 to good effect to finish 3rd in class at the Gurston Down Sprint in August.
Wesley Simpson continued the winning ways of the Proton previously owned by SCMC members Graeme Bell/Russ Radford with an outright win on the September Promenade Stages, which his run along New Brighton’s sea front on the Wirral.
- May Competitor Of The Month – Martin Pickles
Martin was on top form with his Jedi 988 during May. The Blyton Sprint in mid-May brought a 1st in class on the Saturday followed by 2nd in class on the Sunday but this was topped by FTD at the Crystal Palace Motorsport at The Palace sprint over the bank holiday weekend.
- September 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner
- August 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Dale Huxford
- July 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Martin Pickles
Following the engine rebuild (see other posts from Martin), Martin ran the engine in with a class win at the Curborough sprint in July with his Jedi 988. Unfortunately Martin wasn’t so lucky last weekend, when the front hub shaft snapped in a 4th gear corner (hence the lift back with the JCB) – he didn’t have grey hair before that run either !. What upset him most was that apart from trashing the upright and obviously the shaft, a brand new slick that had been fitted just five minutes before also got wrecked – the fastest £200 he’d ever spent apparently. That’s motorsport.
- June 2016 – Competitor of the Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
- May 2016 – Competitor Of The Month – Angelica Fuentes
- April 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Rob Collard
- March 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Roger Cox
- January 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Ian Hucklebridge