Every month the committee awards the ‘Competitor of the Month’ award to someone who has achieved something great in their motor sport. It doesn’t have to be first place, sometimes overcoming adversity (or is that reliability?) is enough. We’ll send you a voucher for £20 too. Tell us what you’ve been up to each month by email.
- March Competitor Of The Month – Declan Dear
- February Competitor Of The Month – Ian & Oliver Hucklebridge
Ian & Oliver got their 2018 season off to a great start with 2 o/all on the South Downs Stages at Goodwood in mid-February. Ian followed this up with 8th o/all on the Snetterton Stages later in the month starting from car 28 in this Motor Sport News Circuit Rally Championship qualifying round.
Photo courtesy of www.mandhphotography.co.uk
- November 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Richard Seal
Richard proved the seeding committee wrong on the Challenger Stages at Bovington by finishing 5th overall, 3rd in class from a start number of 35.
Photo courtesy of RallyGallery.com
- October 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Joint Winners – Martin Pickles & Shawn Rayner/Declan Dear
Martin’s last sprint event of the season was at Anglesey and he managed a PB on Saturday and got a podium in 3rd. On Sunday Martin certainly made himself heard, as the exhaust fell apart, so he had to back off a bit but without that he was confident that other PB could have been achieved.
Shawn & Declan had an eventful but very successful month in October. The month started with the Cork 20 Historic Rally and a broken driveshaft on the first day would have put most people out of the rally but with the help of most of Ireland the offending item was replaced (not straight forward – see video below). They managed to get back out onto the stages on the Sunday to claim 3rd Overall in the Irish Historic Championship, a great achievement at their first attempt. This was followed up with an excellent 13th o/all, 1st in class on the Wales Rally GB National.
- September 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Rob Jones & Gary Kinghorn
- August 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Mark Welch & Mark Norris
- July 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Rob Collard
- June 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
- May 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Scott Stutchbury
- April 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Angelica Fuentes
- March 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner & Declan Dear
Shawn & Declan are having a go at the Irish tarmac championship this year. The first event for them was the West Cork historic rally in mid March. After 2 days of very fast and extremely slippery stages and despite hitting a bank on the penultimate stage, ripping the exhaust clean off the engine, they still managed to finish 4th overall and win their category.
- January 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford