Sutton & Cheam Motor Club is one of the largest and most active motor clubs in the country. Click on any of the tabs above to enjoy a new way of getting the most from your competitive motoring.
- Event Update – 18th March 2020
In view of the statement issued on Tuesday 17th March by Motorsport UK withdrawing all organising permits, we are disappointed to advise the postponement of the Abingdon Long Course Sprint, due to have been held on Sunday 5th April 2020.
It is our intention to run the event at a suitable date later in the year, as and when the situation becomes clearer.
- Social – Down the pub with Ian Brooks 24/3 at the Bear, Oxshott
Clearly, given the current situation, this event will no longer take place.
Go carefully everyone.
The next Down the Pub will be hosted on 24 March by Ian Brooks at the Bear in Oxshott.
Web site: https://www.thebearoxshott.co.uk/
Leatherhead Rd, Oxshott, Leatherhead, KT22 0JE
The Bear is a Youngs Pub that serves a range of real ales and craft beers. Like all pubs in Surrey it serves food, although the menus look a little pricey.
So if you want to:
- find out about final plans for the Long Course Sprint
- learn more about the Goodwood Members’ meeting
- offer a view on the FIA’s punishment (not) of Ferrari
- tell us about your plans for the year
- get the low down on what’s going on at Blyton
then join us from 8.30pm.
- February Competitor Of The Month – Rob Dennis
SCMC were well represented at Goodwood in early February for the annual stage event run by Southsea & Bognor Regis motor clubs. In favourable weather conditions Rob Dennis came out as the lead SCMC member finishing 3rd o/all in his superbly turned out Impreza.
Photo courtesy of Nick Adams
- Abingdon Long Course Sprint – Entries now open
Sutton & Cheam Motor Club and Craven Motor Club are pleased to present The 4th Abingdon Long Course Sprint at the stunning Abingdon Airfield in Oxfordshire, home of the Abingdon Motorsport CAR-nival each June.
Click here to go to the event page:
- January Competitor Of The Month – Angelica Fuentes
Still recovering from the awards dinner, Angelica was at Brooklands Museum the next day to take part in the New Year Driving Tests organised by the VSCC (Vintage Sports Car Club). Driving a 1928 Peugeot Lockhart special, Angelica finished an excellent 3rd in class, don’t mention the lack of brakes !