Every month the committee awards the ‘Competitor of the Month’ award to someone who has achieved something great in their motor sport. It doesn’t have to be first place, sometimes overcoming adversity (or is that reliability?) is enough. We’ll send you a voucher for £20 too. Tell us what you’ve been up to each month by email.
- September 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Rob Jones & Gary Kinghorn
Rob & Gary took their MKII to Wexford in September and mixed it with some very quick Irish crews finishing 19th o/all and winning the 1st Overseas crew award.
- August 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Mark Welch & Mark Norris
Mark does limited events each year but took his Impreza to 4th o/all on the Wethersfield Summer Stages showing that he’s lost non of his speed.
- July 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Rob Collard
Rob scored a couple of podiums at Snetterton in July to keep himself in contention for the overall BTCC title in 2017. The next round is Silverstone this weekend before the final round finale at Brands Hatch at the end of September.
- June 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
Graeme & Russ took a stunning hard fought victory on the Abingdon CAR-inval stages in June. Nice to see some of our own club members win the event.
- May 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Scott Stutchbury
Scott took family honour in the A Final of Round 2 of the BTRDA rallycross at Pembrey with a 3rd just ahead of Ryan, both using their family run 205’s
- April 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Angelica Fuentes
After 3 days of hard competition in Mexico, Angelica and her driver Gabriel Perez, won the Chihuahua Express rally in their Porsche 911. The final day was a highlight with fastest time on every stage underlining their domination of the event .
- March 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner & Declan Dear
Shawn & Declan are having a go at the Irish tarmac championship this year. The first event for them was the West Cork historic rally in mid March. After 2 days of very fast and extremely slippery stages and despite hitting a bank on the penultimate stage, ripping the exhaust clean off the engine, they still managed to finish 4th overall and win their category.
- January 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
Graeme & Russ got their 2nd season in the Proton off to a fantastic start with 1st overall on the Jack Frost Stages at a wet Croft circuit in mid January.
- December 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner
HRCR Stage Masters Championship winner Shawn took his MK II to Killarney in early December and mixed it with the best of the Irish finishing 6th o/all and 1st in class.
- November 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Keith Mainland
Keith yet again finished the London to Brighton veteran car run on his 1904 Orient Buckboard, finishing in a zippy 7 hours without a single mechanical breakdown !.
- October 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
Graeme & Russ finished 2nd o/all and 1st in class on the Rainworth SKODA Dukeries Rally at Donington Park in October.
- September 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner
Shawn finished the Rally Isle of Man taking 3rd overall in the MSA BHRC, and 1st overall in the HRCR Stage Masters Championship and followed it up with a great result result on the Trackrod rally to become 2016 BHRC class champions.