Every month the committee awards the ‘Competitor of the Month’ award to someone who has achieved something great in their motor sport. It doesn’t have to be first place, sometimes overcoming adversity (or is that reliability?) is enough. We’ll send you a voucher for £20 too. Tell us what you’ve been up to each month by email.
- May 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Scott Stutchbury
- April 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Angelica Fuentes
- March 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner & Declan Dear
Shawn & Declan are having a go at the Irish tarmac championship this year. The first event for them was the West Cork historic rally in mid March. After 2 days of very fast and extremely slippery stages and despite hitting a bank on the penultimate stage, ripping the exhaust clean off the engine, they still managed to finish 4th overall and win their category.
- January 2017 Competitor Of The Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
- December 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner
- November 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Keith Mainland
- October 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
- September 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Shawn Rayner
- August 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Dale Huxford
- July 2016 Competitor Of The Month – Martin Pickles
Following the engine rebuild (see other posts from Martin), Martin ran the engine in with a class win at the Curborough sprint in July with his Jedi 988. Unfortunately Martin wasn’t so lucky last weekend, when the front hub shaft snapped in a 4th gear corner (hence the lift back with the JCB) – he didn’t have grey hair before that run either !. What upset him most was that apart from trashing the upright and obviously the shaft, a brand new slick that had been fitted just five minutes before also got wrecked – the fastest £200 he’d ever spent apparently. That’s motorsport.
- June 2016 – Competitor of the Month – Graeme Bell & Russ Radford
- May 2016 – Competitor Of The Month – Angelica Fuentes