Sutton & Cheam Motor Club is one of the largest and most active motor clubs in the country. Click on any of the tabs above to enjoy a new way of getting the most from your competitive motoring.
Please bear with us whilst the web site is being rebuilt…
- Social – Down the Pub with Dave Penn – Tuesday 25th AprilDave Penn is our ‘down the Pub’ host this month, even though there is an outside chance that his footie passion may call if Tooting and Mitcham United (for whom Dave is a Director) lose to Dorking by more than five goals on Saturday…..Nevertheless, Dave’s choice of beer is so good that Ian Brooks and others will be at The Hope (CAMRA Greater London Pub of the Year 012, 13 and 16) 48 West Street, Carsholton, Surrey SM5 2PR from 8.30pm with or without him!More info about the pub is at www.hopecarshalton.co.uk and it might be wise to check about food if you want it as the ‘menu’ is an extensive list of beers.
- Interesting Car Night 2017 – 16th May 2017 7:30pm
Once again Guildford Tyres opens its depot for an exhibition of all things motoring. Chris and the team will be firing up the barbecue with locally sourced sausages and burgers. Food and drinks are on the house (only whilst stocks last).
All members and non-members are welcome. Bring along an interesting car, or just come along and join us, chat to the owners, and see the display.
We’ve moved it to a little later in the May, so it’ll hopefully be warmer and dryer. We’re promising to practice being better parking attendants this year too. Last year saw about 70 cars and 200 or more visitors. It ranged from an 1899 Sims to the latest 750hp Tesla.
Tell us you’ll be there and what you’ll bring (if anything, feel free to be an interested visitor) over on the Sutton and Cheam Motor Club Facebook group event.
- Abingdon Motorsport CAR-nival Stages Regulations and Entry Forms released
Abingdon Motorsport are pleased to release the supplementary regulations for the 2017 Abingdon Motorsport CAR-nival Stages on Sunday 11th June 2017 at Dalton Barracks, Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
The CAR-nival Stages will feature 8 stages of up to 11 miles in length on almost 100% smooth tarmac (There are a couple of 20 metre sections on grass). The event is a qualifying round of the ACSMC, ASWMC, AEMC/ASEMC, AWMMC and Cotswold MSG Championships so entries will be at a premium.
With free camping as well as a BBQ, Beer Tent and Live Comedy on the Saturday evening, this is also one of the best social occasions of the year.
Click here to go straight to the regs and entry forms.
- Abingdon Motorsport CAR-nival Sprint regs released
Abingdon Motorsport are pleased to release the supplementary regulations for the 2017 Abingdon Motorsport CAR-nival Sprint on Saturday 10th June 2017 at Dalton Barracks, Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
The CAR-nival Sprint is a unique Dual-Course event offering effectively 2 Sprints in 1 day which makes it one of the most popular spint events in the UK. 8 timed runs are on offer for 150 cars and entries always go very quickly so click here to go straight to the regs and entry forms.
- Abingdon Long Course Sprint a great success
Over 100 competitors attacked the sun-drenched 2 mile course which joined together the Abingdon and Bentley Courses from the CAR-nival.
Steve Miles took the Fastest Time of the Day honour with a time of 1 minute 28.81 seconds.
For a full set of results simply click one of the links below
For footage from the all new ‘Event Live Link’ please see https://goo.gl/XHb8LP